Little compares to a big, steamy helping of everyone’s favorite comfort food: macaroni and cheese. Mix up a big pot of this Classic Macaroni and Cheese recipe, and you’ll soon forget all about your worries. Not to mention, this recipe can be made with a lot of basic pantry items, making it a perfect, budget-friendly choice for your weekly grocery budget. So, eat up and enjoy!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar, or Colby jack
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly cook the macaroni pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cream cheese until well combined.
- Then, stir in the flour, salt, and pepper until the mixture is smooth – about 5 minutes. This creates a delectable base for your cheese sauce.
- Slowly pour milk into the sauce base, stirring as you go. Keep stirring until everything is smooth and slightly boiling. This will take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheese to the mixture and stir until the cheese is well-combined with the other ingredients.
- After you’ve drained the macaroni pasta and returned it to its pot, pour the cheese sauce mixture over the pasta and stir gently. Serve hot with extra cheese on top if you’d like.
Pinnacle Ridge Apartments in Dallas, TX